- 280g Plain Flour
- 1 & 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Sea Salt
- 2 Tsp Olive Oil
- 200ml Warm Milk
- 1 Tsp DevonChilliMan’s Chilli Flakes
- Or A Whole Fresh Chilli Sliced Thinly (Fatalii is my favourite)
1. Mix all of the ingredients in a bowl then kneed for a couple of minutes.
2. Put the dough back in the mixing bowl & cover with cling film, then leave to rest for 20 minutes.
3. Once rested divide the dough into 8 balls, put them on a plate & cover with cling film to rest for a further 10 minutes.
4. Heat a heavy based frying pan, roll out the dough balls as thinly as possible putting one at a time in the pan, after a few seconds it will start to bubble, then turn the flatbread over to do the other side (approx 15 sec).
5. Stack one on top of the other and wrap in a clean tea towel to keep moist.
These freeze really well but you need to interleave them with grease proof paper, then reheat over naked flame.